Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Maw the Black Cat Suddenly Died Today


My heart is so heavy writing this right now but I think it is the best time to do it in memory of our cat.

He crossed the rainbow bridge this morning at around 8AM. It was shocking cause I did not noticed him ill as he did not had an appetite loss.  He seemed normal these past days even after his neuter surgery and anti rabies shot last Thursday.

He ate dinner and some treats last night. I have noticed him laying inside the cat cage last night which was the only weird thing I observed cause he did not like getting in there. I even asked Maw if he suddenly like to sleep in there and I just ignored it cause he later came out and sleep in another area of my room.

Early this morning when I went to the kitchen, Maw did not followed me together with the other cats and that was strange. So I called him and he did not show up. I started looking for him and thought he got out of my room but he was not as I got back to my room, I saw him lying in there deep breathing.

I got nervous and calling his name thinking what happened, what was wrong.  I put him in a mat and then getting ready to bring him in the vet but it was too late. He grasp his last breath and so hard to see him in pain and passed away.  It was so sudden and hard to accept.

I called the vet who did the neuter surgery on him and his assistant answered. I told her what happened, she asked when he was neutered and some symptoms or what happened.  Then she told me that she will call me back after asking the doctor. She called me back and told me that it could not be because of the procedure and the anti rabies shot because it was 6 days ago already and the symptoms did not lead to those procedures as the cause of death.

She told me that the doctor suspected that it could be poisoning which is another puzzle to me as where did he ate or got poisoned as he was mostly just indoor and around our compound. They suggested me to get our cat autopsied by another vet to know the real cause and get fair results. But it was not my option. Aside from I do not want our Maw to get dissected, it will not bring him to life anymore.

So sad, he is just a year old and a very lively sweet cat. Praying to God in welcoming him in heaven together with our other fur babies who are in there already. Maw, thanks for your love and life with us.

The two kittens will miss him as they cuddled him, not aware that Maw is already gone in the photos below. I have posted lots of their photos together in my cat challenge posts and Maw is like a father and a great buddy for the kittens. 



Below his very first photo I took.







No comments:

Post a Comment